Traffic Engineering is the branch of engineering that deals with the planning, the geometric design, and the traffic operation of roads, streets and highways, their networks, terminals, and related facilities, for the safe, efficient and convenient movement of people and goods. Forensic Traffic Engineering services include:
- Traffic studies to document traffic characteristics.
- Contribution of traffic control devices (traffic signs, traffic signals, pavement markings, etc.).
- Contribution of traffic regulations and controls.
- Impact of traffic controls for highway construction activities.
- Evaluation of roadway lighting.